Sunday, February 05, 2006

unrivaled pupsmanship!

So, it's probably not surprising that I'm not a football fan. Sorry for the double negative! Translation: No me gusta futbol. I played both flag and tackle football when I was a kid, with the neighborhood boys and with my cousins, and loved it. I knew all the rules of football, from watching it with my dad. I even read those children's books about playing football. But at some point in my teens I got really bored with American football. I think it may have coincided with my discovery of Australian Rules Football and Rugby, which are both so much better than American football. (Oops, that's probably grounds enough for the Dept. of Homeland Security to start listening in on my phone calls.)

Or maybe I just got sick of American football fans, which really do tend toward the most dumb-headed of the American populace.

In any case, I was delighted when a friend told me about Puppy Bowl II on Animal Planet. Which I watched this evening. It's BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT! It's a few cameras trained on a pen full of rambunctious puppies! The carpeting is painted like a football field! There are waterbowls under the goalposts! There is even a "bowl cam" so you can see the puppies drinking! Kittens are the half-time show! There are even "puppy player stats" on the website! And a referee would come into the pen and issue a "puppy penalty" when one of the puppies pooped! Ha!

photo courtesy of Animal Planet

Oh my god have you ever seen anything so cute? Again, I say, BRILLIANT!

Ta ~ I'm off to vote for Most Valuable Puppy...

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Anonymous tree said...

I AGREE! Brilliant! LOVED the Kitty Halftime show. I'm CONVINCED the leetle grey kitty who looks EXACTLY like my kitty was the star of the Halftime show!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger meerkat35 said...

I love you tree! We are soul sisters!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home